Everest Base Camp Trek for Charity
-Have you ever dreamed of seeing Mt. Everest up close? How about climbing 21,247 foot Mera Peak, the highest trekking peak in the Solu Khumbu Region? Have you dreamed of trekking for a cause?
Join us for a trek in Nepal to help fund our Anti-Child Trafficking Program! The proceeds from this trip of a lifetime will go towards our new social entrepreneurial program in the Shikharbesi, Nuwakot region of Nepal!
Your dream can become reality with the trip of a lifetime in April 2016.
About your Trek
We will begin our trek on April 16th with a breathtaking flight to the Sherpa village of Lukla. From the Sherpa village of Namche Baazar we will take the “road less traveled” as we turn off of the main trekking route and cross Rejo Pass, climb Gokyo Peak, spend a night at the shores of beautiful Gokyo Lake, then cross Chola Pass and join the main trekking route at Lobuche.
The views are breathtaking throughout the trek. After completing the Everest Base Camp trek, those who have dreamed of climbing a Himalayan peak will continue up 21,247 foot Mera Peak. Those wishing to return home will return to Kathmandu for their return flight home.
The trek/climb will be led by Brian Smith, the founder/director of Helping Assist Nepal’s Disabled (H.A.N.D.) who reached the summit of Mt. Everest in 2007. Brian is also a Certified International Tour Director. The logistics are provided by 10-time Everest summiteer Tendi Sherpa.
EBC Trek + Mera Peak (optional extension)
- Trek type: Tea House trek, but sleep in the tent
- Trek area: Renjo pass, Gokyo Peak, Chola Pass, Kalapathar and EBC and Mera Peak Climb
- Trek start point: Lukla
- Trek end Point: Lukla and then Kathmandu
- Total Days in Khumbu: 13 days
- Total Days in Mera Peak: 13 days (including reserve day)
- Maximum Altitude: 5545m. Kalapathar top
- Trek Grading: Moderate/ Difficult
- Team Leader: Brian Smith, USA
COST FOR EBC (RENJO, GOKYO, CHOLA & EBC):
USD $3800 per person
COST FOR EBC+MERA PEAK:
USD $6500 per person
COST FOR MERA PEAK ONLY:
USD $4500 per person
- All airport arrival and departure transfers
- 3 night hotels on twin sharing basis with breakfast at http://www.hotelmarshyangdi.com 3 star hotel
- One day Kathmandu city guided tour with all entrance fees
- Kathmandu and Lukla flight tickets and air cargo charges
- All meals and tent during the trekking in Khumbu and Mera peak
- All necessary trekking permits for Khumbu EBC and Mera Peak
- One local Sherpa guide along with other assistant guides depending on the group size
- For Mera Peak we will provide you the same guide from Khumbu trek as your assistant guide and we provide all his summit bonus, equipment allowance, daily wages
- All necessary trekking porters both for Khumbu and Mera region
- All salaries and accommodations and insurance for the field staffs
- Company administration fees
- Government taxes
- Intl flight
- Personal insurance
- Personal trekking & Peak climbing gear (you can also rent in Kathmandu such as Crampons, Ice Axe, Boots, sleeping bag, Jumar etc)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Alcoholic beverages
- Use of internet in Kathmandu and during the trekking
- Hot showers during the trekking
- Tips for the field staffs at the end as per your wish
Itinerary Renjo, Gokyo, Chola & EBC:
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu, 1300m (April 14th 2016)
- Day 02: Sightseeing and preparation day
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding, 2715m
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazar, 3440m
- Day 05: Acclimatization day around Namche Bazar.
- Day 06: Trek to Thame, 3820m
- Day 07: Trek to Lungden, 4500m
- Day 08: Climb to Renjo Pass, 5415m and then trek to Gokyo, 4700m
- Day 09: Climb Gokyo Peak , 5357m and trek to Thangnag 4700m.
- Day 10: Climb to Chola Pass 5420m, and trek down to Zonglha, 4830m.
- Day 11: Trek to Gorakshep 5164m and climb Kalapathar, 5545m
- Day 12: Trek to Everest Base camp, 5364m and overnight at EBC
- Day 13: Trek to Pangboche, 3985m
- Day 14: Trek to Namche Bazar, 3440m
- Day 15: Trek to Lukla 2860m
- Day 16: Reserve day for in case of anything.
- Day 17: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel. (If EBC Only)
- Day 18: Drive to the International airport for final departure. (May 1st 2016)
Mera Peak Extension:
- Day 16: Trek to Kharkiteng, 3550m
- Day 17: Climb to Chhatarwa La, 4600m and overnight at Chhatarwa, 4200m
- Day 18: Trek to Kothe, 3550m
- Day 19: Trek to Thagnag, 4300m
- Day 20: Trek to Mera BC, 4900m
- Day 21: Rest and preparation
- Day 22: Climb to Mera High Camp, 5770m
- Day 23: Summit Mera Peak, 6461m and descent to Khare (Base Camp 4900m)
- Day 24: Trek to Kothe, 3550m
- Day 25: Trek to Chhatarwa 4200m
- Day 26: Trek to Lukla, 2860m
- Day 27: Reserve day in case of weather issues
- Day 28: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel
- Day 29: Final departure from Kathmandu International airport. (May 12th 2016)
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org